The Association for Specialist Fire Protection (ASFP) was formed in 1975. The objectives of the association are as follows:
- To promote the education and training for all those involved in the Passive Firestopping Industry.
- To promote the continuous improvements of all elements of fire protection.
- To provide technical expertise to all members in an effort to promote best practice in the products used and the methodology of usage by it’s members in the provision of their service.
- To engage and finance many experimental and tests on products and installation procedures in an effort to achieve optimum protection of life within the building environment.
The association produces many technical guides and publications to assist installers and promote best practices. Members must comply with the associations Code of Practice and obtain 3 rd party certification by one of the industry specific certification bodies.
Membership or the ASFP comes from a wide range of companies involved in the industry such as
- Product Manufacturers
- System and Product installers
- Product testing authorities
- Fire Certification Consultants
- Certification bodies
To further our commitment to provide a passive fire stopping service of excellence, Flame Stop Ltd became members of the ASFP in 2016.
Visit https://asfp.org.uk/page/ASFPI for further information on membership to the ASFP.