Fire Rated Batt
The Fire Rated Batt is designed to reinstate the fire resistance performance of compartment walls and floors which have been breached by penetrating services, providing a fire, smoke, thermal, acoustic and air pressure seal. It works well with concrete floors, masonry walls and drywall systems. Fire Batt is a lightweight fire protection for up to 4 hours for passages through fire rated compartment walls and floors.
It consists of 160kg/m3 density mineral fibre slabs, coated with a white, class ‘O’ flexible, waterproof ablative coating to produce a durable fire barrier for service penetration openings. They are light, flexible and easy to handle and cut.
- Tested to BS 476 Pt 20/22 & EN 1366-3
- Provides an effective barrier to the spread of smoke and fire for up to 4 hours
- Quick and easy to install – no special tools required
- Ideal for sealing large, unsupported openings
- Suitable for use in floor and wall penetrations