Data Centre Fire ProtectionData centres store an enormous amount of data for companies. This is why it is logical that these centres have robust cybersecurity systems to protect the information from being stolen.But it is not just cyber-attacks that these centres should prepare for but also fires. Several fire risks exist in small and large data centres. This is why owners and managers of these centres should take fire protection seriously.Data Centre Fire Suppression Systems are not different from the fire protection offered on servers except in terms of physical dimensions. Data centres are typically larger, so they also require bigger fire suppression systems.
How Do You Protect Your Data Centre?Although fires in data centres have been rare, they can devastate an entire company if they happen.Protect your data centre from potential fire hazards through proper mitigation, detection and suppression. Plus, create a recovery plan in the event of a fire.Fire protection offers security you hope you will not need. The facility is designed for fire protection and to alert the staff when it happens.
Fire Detection in Data CentresIt is vital to protect your investment and business data. Install a reliable fire detection system from the start.
- Point detectors
- Linear heat-detection cable
- Gas detection
- Air sampling smoke detection
Fire Suppression in Data CentresThe main types of data centre fire suppression systems are:
- Water mist systems
- Clean agent systems
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) fire suppression systems
- Halocarbon clean agents
Fire Prevention in Data CentresPrevention is just as important as fire detection and suppression. To prevent fires, data centres should:
- remove all combustible materials, including paper
- have an effective housekeeping program
- have a maintenance program for electrical and mechanical equipment
- limit the use of extension cords
- establish smoking policies and procedures
- implement a comprehensive fire-safety training program for all employees