ISO 9001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Organizations use the standard to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
A quality management system (QMS) is a collection of business processes focused on consistently meeting customer requirements and enhancing their satisfaction. It is aligned with an organisation’s purpose and strategic direction (ISO9001:2015).
Seven Quality Management Principles behind ISO9001 requirements
- QMP1 – Customer Focus
- QMP2 – Leadership Importance of Top Management
- QMP3 – Engagement of People
- QMP4 – The Process Approach
- QMP5 – Improvement
- QMP6 – Evidence-based decision making
- QMP7 – Relationship Management